CAREERS AT BRIGGO
QUALITY ASSURANCE ENGINEER
If you are looking for an opportunity to lead the quality assurance and supplier quality programs for a growing startup poised to disrupt the entire coffee industry, then you’ve come to the right place! Briggo is an Austin-based specialty coffee company which empowers people to create their perfect cups of coffee. By combining the best specialty ingredients with modern mobile technology, cloud computing, and robotics, we are transforming the entire coffee experience. Quality, consistency, and convenience…all in a small footprint.
- Work with suppliers to establish and maintain controlled manufacturing processes utilizing PFMEA
- Work with suppliers to establish control methods and quality procedures suitable to the nature of the parts they supply
- Leads internal teams to develop improvement plans for suppliers
- Work with suppliers on manufacturing requirements and measurement methodologies
- Responsible for supporting Engineering and Manufacturing to resolve technical issues and implement corrective and preventive action
- Drive continuous improvement efforts, through facilitating, leading, and collaborating with cross functional teams
- Responsible for reporting of quality trends and information to management on the performance of manufacturing and suppliers
- Follow up on part non-conformances including driving to root cause analysis, product returns and safety recalls
- Participate in Manufacturing and Supplier Quality Audits as a process subject matter expert
- Work closely with Engineering team to manage manufacturing and suppliers to ensure the product quality
- Travel is 10 – 25%
- Bachelor’s degree with 8 to 10 years of experience is required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Preferably in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with managing supplier quality in the production of PCB, PCBA, and electro-mechanical assemblies. Having a familiarity with plastic molding and metal forming processes a plus
- Experience with setup or maintenance of 3rd party contract manufacturers
- Direct experience with supplier producing parts in a regulatory environment (i.e. GMPs, ISO13485, 21 CFR Part 20, EN46001, etc.) preferred
- Must have knowledge of Quality Engineering discipline, including statistics
- Strong working knowledge of DMAIC/Six Sigma problem solving process. Belt certified a big plus
- Competent in Process Audit, CAPA, PPAP, equipment validation
- Candidate must be a team player with energy and a strong work ethic
The Briggo team is eager to find enthusiastic, innovative individuals that can help us scale our operations quickly! This role presents you with the unique opportunity to be part of one of Austin’s fast-growth startups, marrying the best of consumer goods and technology as we strive to become a global brand. You’ll have direct access to every employee at Briggo and skills development is a priority here. We want to give you the best learning experience possible and expect you to contribute your best ideas and effort. If you’re ready for the challenge, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Our global headquarters is located in the heart of Austin’s northwest corridor, next to the popular Domain district.
11000 North Mopac Expressway
Austin, Texas 78759
Briggo Office Headquarters
Located across Mopac from the Domain in North Austin, Texas.