CAREERS AT BRIGGO
SENIOR MECHANICAL ENGINEER
To design, refine and optimize electro-mechanical systems within our robotic IoT coffee Haus to deliver improvements in performance, manufacturability, serviceability and cost as we scale. Systems include motion control, pneumatics, fluid control, thermal, sensing systems, customer facing experience and industrial design. Briggo is an Austin-based specialty coffee company which empowers people to create their perfect cups of coffee. By combining the best specialty ingredients with modern mobile technology, cloud computing, and robotics, we are transforming the entire coffee experience. Quality, consistency, and convenience…all in a small footprint.
- Develop, design, evaluate and refine mechanical and electromechanical systems that form part of a fully automated, world class, IoT drink preparation kiosk.
- Design parts for higher volume fabrication processes such as sheet-metal, metal stamping, casting, molding, and CNC machining from prototype, to pilot and full production to achieve improvements in performance, manufacturability and serviceability.
- Select prime movers for new designs, size and integrate motors, actuators, linear stages and sensors into electromechanical assemblies for optimal performance.
- Prepare part and assembly models, fabrication and assembly drawings to ASME standards, and BoMs for prototyping and manufacturing.
- Work independently to analyze machine failures in the field, find root cause and develop solutions.
- Inspect first articles and help develop inspection methodologies to qualify incoming components from various fabricators. Validate improvements by designing testing methods to prove reliability, performance or unit test.
- Experience designing commercial, fully automated, computer-controlled mechanisms and machines with a strong understanding of Design for Manufacturability, Design for Assembly, and Design for Serviceability
- Experience in planning design projects from collecting requirements and prototyping through completion and release to manufacturing.
- Strong knowledge of prime mover sizing and selection, selection of machine components and hardware with familiarity of pneumatic control and basic motor control techniques used in automation.
- Experience in troubleshooting field failures with machines and finding root cause demonstrating strong analytical skills and ability to distill problems to engineering language and techniques.
- High proficiency in SolidWorks CAD – modeling, creating fabrication and assembly drawings, bill of materials. Knowledge of drawing Standards to ASME Y14.5 and proficiency with GD&T.
- Mechanical analysis including Dimensional Tolerance Analysis, basic FEA for stress, and thermal analysis for optimizing performance.
- Well versed in various machining, sheet-metal and plastic forming and molding fabrication techniques.
- Experience with designing for food service and food safety preferable.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Demonstrate passion for design toward an outstanding 360 customer experience.
- BS Mechanical Engineering; MS Preferred.
- 8+ years of designing complex, highly integrated electromechanical machines, appliances and robotic devices.
The Briggo team is eager to find enthusiastic, innovative individuals that can help us scale our operations quickly! This role presents you with the unique opportunity to be part of one of Austin’s fast-growth startups, marrying the best of consumer goods and technology as we strive to become a global brand. You’ll have direct access to every employee at Briggo and skills development is a priority here. We want to give you the best learning experience possible and expect you to contribute your best ideas and effort. If you’re ready for the challenge, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Our global headquarters is located in the heart of Austin’s northwest corridor, next to the popular Domain district.
11000 North Mopac Expressway
Austin, Texas 78759
Briggo Office Headquarters
Located across Mopac from the Domain in North Austin, Texas.