Full Stack Developer
If you are looking for the opportunity to join the development team of an exciting start-up that’s revolutionizing the coffee industry, then you’ve found the right place! Briggo is pioneering a brand new, quality coffee experience (think the Uber of coffee) and is looking for someone to contribute to the development of our AWS-hosted Django backend. You will also be part of the continuing evolution of our cloud infrastructure as we roll out our fleet of robotic Coffee Hauses across the country.
- Design, develop, deploy, and maintain our Django-based backend
- Write clean, maintainable code with a creative understanding of our future direction
- Author, maintain, and improve programmer, administrator, and user documentation
- Participate in an agile development process
- Lead on containerization of the cloud codebase
- Help drive automated QA
- Observe high standards of check-in discipline through GIT
- Help track and respond to issues assigned through Jira
- Work as part of a cross functional team including electrical and mechanical engineers, manufacturing engineers, UI/UX developers, and coffee specialists to ensure a solid cloud infrastructure for our fleet, our support personnel, and most importantly our customers
- Complete projects with limited supervision using sound development practices
- Must be self-motivated and driven
- Degree in Computer Science or related fields
- At least 5 years of experience developing successful application backends, the larger the scale the better.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, cross-functional environment
- Experience and understanding of one or more different agile methodologies, including Scrum, XP, or SAFe.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and technical troubleshooting skills
- At least 3 years experience developing, testing, deploying the following technologies within a production environment
- Internet APIs (RESTful preferred)
- Web and application servers/containers and their optimization (e.g. nginx, Gunicorn)
- Django, or a Django-like framework (e.g. Falcon)
- Amazon Web Services, in particular EC2, S3, RDS, and CloudFormation
- Deployment, provisioning, and automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Fabric or Chef
- SAML or OAuth authentication frameworks
- GIT or equivalent source control system (ie. CVS, Mercurial, Perforce, etc.)
- Strong Unix familiarity is a must
- Strong familiarity with JSON
- Experience with container deployments (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes) is a plus
- Familiarity with Django Rest Framework a major plus
- Familiarity with RDBMS systems (Postgres) and design concepts (3NF) a plus
- Familiarity with big data concepts (message brokering, stream processing, unstructured data stores) a plus
The Briggo team is eager to find enthusiastic, innovative individuals that can help us scale our operations quickly! This role presents you with the unique opportunity to be part of one of Austin’s fast-growth startups, marrying the best of consumer goods and technology as we strive to become a global brand. You’ll have direct access to every employee at Briggo and skills development is a priority here. We want to give you the best learning experience possible and expect you to contribute your best ideas and effort. If you’re ready for the challenge, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Learn more about Briggo:
Our global headquarters is located in the heart of Austin’s northwest corridor, next to the popular Domain district.
11000 North Mopac Expressway, Suite 150
Austin, Texas 78759