Buyer / Planner
If you want to use your experience in procurement and materials planning in a growing startup poised to disrupt the entire coffee industry, then you’ve come to the right place! Briggo is an Austin-based specialty coffee company which empowers people to create their perfect cups of coffee. By combining the best specialty ingredients with modern mobile technology, cloud computing, and robotics, we are transforming the entire coffee experience. We’re part of a world community that celebrates all that is coffee; just like the thousands of growers, roasters and baristas all striving for perfection. Quality, consistency, and convenience…all in a small footprint. Join the passionate and collaborative team that is building our robotic, fully-automated baristas and manage a wide range of parts across multiple suppliers. Bring your passion for quality and your drive to do what it takes to get the job done!
- Manage the planning, scheduling and monitoring of materials to determine required materials purchases
- Work independently as well as in collaboration with other team members in determining the best supplier, value and delivery of products and services
- Accountable for planning and executing the sourcing and purchasing of a specific set of parts
- Identifies purchasing requirements based on received requisitions.
- Researches and identifies vendors for assigned parts; negotiates pricing
- Orders parts and ensures on-time delivery
- Follows-up to confirm and/or modify delivery of purchased materials
- Tracks and resolves material rejections with QA and Supply Chain Management
- Arranges for prompt return of damaged or faulty supplies
- Fosters mutually respectful relationships with suppliers that are beneficial both to Briggo and its suppliers
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5 years of experience as Planner / Buyer (More experienced applicants welcome)
- Minimum 3 years of experience as Planner / Buyer in a manufacturing organization
- Experience using ERP/MRP systems
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication skills
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment
- Required to stand and walk throughout manufacturing area several times per day
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. on occasion
- Must be able to reach, squat, stoop, bend
- Must have physical dexterity of hands and fingers
- Familiarity with big data concepts (message brokering, stream processing, unstructured data stores) a plus
The Briggo team is eager to find enthusiastic, innovative individuals that can help us scale our operations quickly! This role presents you with the unique opportunity to be part of one of Austin’s fast-growth startups, marrying the best of consumer goods and technology as we strive to become a global brand. You’ll have direct access to every employee at Briggo and skills development is a priority here. We want to give you the best learning experience possible and expect you to contribute your best ideas and effort. If you’re ready for the challenge, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org today!
Learn more about Briggo:
Our global headquarters is located in the heart of Austin’s northwest corridor, next to the popular Domain district.
11000 North Mopac Expressway, Suite 150
Austin, Texas 78759